search instagram arrow-down
Chris Schriever

First came the tumor; it’s the root of the issue.

Radiating the Tumor details my experiences living with acromegaly. The journey begins where the tumor regains its strength, working to take over a second time.

Within the posts I share my attempts to find peace of mind, to heal and my hopes for remission. I detail my thoughts and feelings throughout stereotactic radiation treatments. And continue as, well, one does in life.

Originally diagnosed with acromegaly due to a hormone producing pituitary macro-adenoma in early 2014, in May of 2014 I underwent transsphenoidal surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

I was at the beginning, and I remain today, committed to fighting for peace of mind free from the pains of acromegaly. I am determined that this rare disease will not claim me as its victim.

For more information, kindly complete the contact form below.  Wishing you and yours the very best.

Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.


Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow Radiating the Tumor and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 253 other subscribers

After changing into a standard issue hospital gown, I met Melissa and Lisa my treatment therapists who showed Eddie and me into to the radiation studio. I was ready. Nervous, yes, but ready.

There in that studio, I would undergo 25 days of daily stereotactic radiation treatments over the next 6 weeks. The goal is to eliminate any fragments of the pituitary macroadenoma that was largely removed by Dr. Q at Johns Hopkins in May 2014.

Under the expert care of Dr. Lawrence Kleinberg I remain confident this approach will kill the remaining tumor cells, including the one causing Acromegaly, without affecting my eyesight, my memory or my partially-functioning pituitary gland.

I have had complete confidence in my overall care team at Hopkins. I believed firmly this was the right decision from the moment my lead endocrinologist Dr. Gary Wand laid out the three options while I sat in the lobby at the Hyatt Regency Orlando.

The feeling I had as I approached the radiation table reminded me of my call with Dr. Wand and what a surreal moment that was. I was an hour into week-long business trip when I was reminded of my body’s limitations. It was then I was made a commitment to working hard and staying strong as long as I possibly could.

I viewed this as a part of that commitment. Let’s do this.

4 comments on “Day 1: Let’s Do This

  1. Herman says:

    Hi there. Thank you for visiting and following HoB. Much appreciated!
    Wishing you all the best and strength needed on your unfortunate journey.

Leave a Reply
%d bloggers like this: