search instagram arrow-down
Chris Schriever

First came the tumor; it’s the root of the issue.

Radiating the Tumor details my experiences living with acromegaly. The journey begins where the tumor regains its strength, working to take over a second time.

Within the posts I share my attempts to find peace of mind, to heal and my hopes for remission. I detail my thoughts and feelings throughout stereotactic radiation treatments. And continue as, well, one does in life.

Originally diagnosed with acromegaly due to a hormone producing pituitary macro-adenoma in early 2014, in May of 2014 I underwent transsphenoidal surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

I was at the beginning, and I remain today, committed to fighting for peace of mind free from the pains of acromegaly. I am determined that this rare disease will not claim me as its victim.

For more information, kindly complete the contact form below.  Wishing you and yours the very best.

Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.


Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow Radiating the Tumor and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 253 other subscribers

It’s Eddie’s birthday. Thankfully, Eddie’s dad joined me for today’s treatment so Eddie didn’t have to start his day trekking back and forth to Baltimore.

I didn’t feel as anxious this morning. I was looking forward to seeing what a ‘normal’ treatment was like. Yesterday’s treatment lasted over an hour. The initial brain scans and setup required remarking the mask and awaiting final sign-off of the treatment areas and protocol from Dr. Kleinberg, before the first dose of radiation beamed its way into my brain.

The drive up was a quick 45 minutes. Arriving early we met a few of the morning ‘regulars’ who were in various stages of treatment. Most showed no signs of wear and tear. Though there were two who one might guess were going through something unpleasant. It was all oddly comforting.

It felt warmer and more comfortable in the radiation studio today–yesterday was freezing. Today’s treatment was a quick and easy 20 minutes. The intense heat I felt on my head yesterday wasn’t there today. Still I had a slight headache leaving the studio. Nothing unbearable, but as someone who doesn’t remember having headaches before 2014, it was noticeable.

Leave a Reply
%d bloggers like this: