search instagram arrow-down
Chris Schriever

First came the tumor; it’s the root of the issue.

Radiating the Tumor details my experiences living with acromegaly. The journey begins where the tumor regains its strength, working to take over a second time.

Within the posts I share my attempts to find peace of mind, to heal and my hopes for remission. I detail my thoughts and feelings throughout stereotactic radiation treatments. And continue as, well, one does in life.

Originally diagnosed with acromegaly due to a hormone producing pituitary macro-adenoma in early 2014, in May of 2014 I underwent transsphenoidal surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

I was at the beginning, and I remain today, committed to fighting for peace of mind free from the pains of acromegaly. I am determined that this rare disease will not claim me as its victim.

For more information, kindly complete the contact form below.  Wishing you and yours the very best.

Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.


Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow Radiating the Tumor and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 253 other subscribers

My mood matched the weather.

Rainy mornings mean added traffic in the Washington area making our normal 55-70 minute drive closer to 90 minutes this Monday morning.

Slipping back into the routine after a radiation-free weekend, Eddie and I arrived around 8 am. Since it’s a Monday, I normally have appointment with my radiation oncologist Dr. Klienberg, following the treatment, but that appointment was moved to Thursday.

I was lost in thought coming back from the radiation studio when Eddie asked how I was feeling. I’m asked that a lot these days and this morning I couldn’t help but find the question sadly annoying.

The reality of these treatments felt more significant when Eddie and I are here together. It was as much about the radiation treatments as it is about all that we’ve gone through these last three years.  From lining up schedules, coordinating for coverage with the twins, keeping the house in order, staying in touch with friends, and attempting to balance our work loads in addition to maintaining our own relationship, this morning it just felt like a lot.  At that moment, and throughout the treatment, I could’t focus on anything other then what I needed to accomplish. What was necessary at home and at work. I felt tired. I was unable to relax my mind.

So how was I feeling? ‘Fine. I have a headache. Otherwise fine.’


Leave a Reply
%d bloggers like this: