search instagram arrow-down
Chris Schriever

First came the tumor; it’s the root of the issue.

Radiating the Tumor details my experiences living with acromegaly. The journey begins where the tumor regains its strength, working to take over a second time.

Within the posts I share my attempts to find peace of mind, to heal and my hopes for remission. I detail my thoughts and feelings throughout stereotactic radiation treatments. And continue as, well, one does in life.

Originally diagnosed with acromegaly due to a hormone producing pituitary macro-adenoma in early 2014, in May of 2014 I underwent transsphenoidal surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

I was at the beginning, and I remain today, committed to fighting for peace of mind free from the pains of acromegaly. I am determined that this rare disease will not claim me as its victim.

For more information, kindly complete the contact form below.  Wishing you and yours the very best.

Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.


Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow Radiating the Tumor and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 253 other subscribers

Day 16: Your Body Knows

I was pushing through while feeling tired again this morning. Glad Eddie joined me today.

Like clockwork we pulled onto the Johns Hopkins Hospital campus just before 7:20am. Today was a big day; an appointment in the outpatient center with Dr. Kleinberg, blood work back in DC with Dr. West and a quick follow up with my primary physician.

I must have dosed off during the radiation treatment, which was nice because I felt a little more rested. It also made the treatment time feel even faster.

Dr. Kleinberg was full of personality today. He is always caring, but today he was rather chatty. He reminded us that with my treatments, stereotactic radiation, fractionated radiosurgery delivers the radiation in multiple (or fractionated) doses because normal brain tissue and nerves in the head tolerate the many smaller doses better than one large dose. So, with me now squarely in week four, the fractionated radiosurgery has started to take its toll, leaving me in need of rest and recovery.

I could feel it happening and knew it was time to limit myself. Eddie and I chatted through the schedule and decided to build afternoon naps into my day, work from home more (particularly from the comfortable confines of my bed) and reduce my workouts from three weekly sessions to two. I felt I should probably eliminate Saturday morning spin classes too.

Leave a Reply
%d bloggers like this: