search instagram arrow-down
Chris Schriever

First came the tumor; it’s the root of the issue.

Radiating the Tumor details my experiences living with acromegaly. The journey begins where the tumor regains its strength, working to take over a second time.

Within the posts I share my attempts to find peace of mind, to heal and my hopes for remission. I detail my thoughts and feelings throughout stereotactic radiation treatments. And continue as, well, one does in life.

Originally diagnosed with acromegaly due to a hormone producing pituitary macro-adenoma in early 2014, in May of 2014 I underwent transsphenoidal surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

I was at the beginning, and I remain today, committed to fighting for peace of mind free from the pains of acromegaly. I am determined that this rare disease will not claim me as its victim.

For more information, kindly complete the contact form below.  Wishing you and yours the very best.

Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.


Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow Radiating the Tumor and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 253 other subscribers

…or trying too anyway.

My friend Richard joined in the rotation this morning. Even under the circumstances it was a nice for the two of us have time together. I suppose mixing it up also had value as it presented a new perspective.

Passing time catching up and later by discussing Richard’s work projects helped us pass the time before I was called back for my radiation treatment.  Since we had just been flipping through a coffee table book on the garden designs of one a Rockefeller estate in New York, I had the wonders of nature on the mind. I settled in on the table and pictured one of the more serene images as dosed off for my 22 minute power nap as the machine above me targeted the hopefully healing doses of radiation at the innermost parts of my brain in hopes of not only damaging, but killing the tumor.

Rested and in an upbeat state of mind, I felt energetic as we drove back to Washington.  So much so that I messaged my trainer to squeeze in a workout before heading home for the real nap of the day.

Leave a Reply
%d bloggers like this: