search instagram arrow-down
Chris Schriever

First came the tumor; it’s the root of the issue.

Radiating the Tumor details my experiences living with acromegaly. The journey begins where the tumor regains its strength, working to take over a second time.

Within the posts I share my attempts to find peace of mind, to heal and my hopes for remission. I detail my thoughts and feelings throughout stereotactic radiation treatments. And continue as, well, one does in life.

Originally diagnosed with acromegaly due to a hormone producing pituitary macro-adenoma in early 2014, in May of 2014 I underwent transsphenoidal surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

I was at the beginning, and I remain today, committed to fighting for peace of mind free from the pains of acromegaly. I am determined that this rare disease will not claim me as its victim.

For more information, kindly complete the contact form below.  Wishing you and yours the very best.

Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.


Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow Radiating the Tumor and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 253 other subscribers

Today is a big day; after a much needed eight day break, I am relaxed and ready for the final four treatments.

The break was great for me. I spent the time away on a much needed family vacation exploring Copenhagen with Eddie, the twins and a group of extended family. The long flight and extra family allowed me to relax and catch up on sleep between explorations. Now back in Washington, I feel physically and mentally prepared to tackle these final four radiation treatments.

I couldn’t help but feel a bit strange as I parked in a ‘reserved for radiation patient’ parking space this morning. I don’t feel sick. I don’t feel tired. I don’t feel anything other then normal. I suppose this is my normal. Well, at least until Friday.

Carl and I waited patiently until I was called back. The mask felt super tight today. Like it was squeezing my head somewhere it didn’t belong. Other then that, the treatment was uneventful and we were on our way back to DC ahead of schedule.

The countdown is on!

Leave a Reply
%d bloggers like this: