search instagram arrow-down
Chris Schriever

First came the tumor; it’s the root of the issue.

Radiating the Tumor details my experiences living with acromegaly. The journey begins where the tumor regains its strength, working to take over a second time.

Within the posts I share my attempts to find peace of mind, to heal and my hopes for remission. I detail my thoughts and feelings throughout stereotactic radiation treatments. And continue as, well, one does in life.

Originally diagnosed with acromegaly due to a hormone producing pituitary macro-adenoma in early 2014, in May of 2014 I underwent transsphenoidal surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

I was at the beginning, and I remain today, committed to fighting for peace of mind free from the pains of acromegaly. I am determined that this rare disease will not claim me as its victim.

For more information, kindly complete the contact form below.  Wishing you and yours the very best.

Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.


Follow Blog via Email

Enter your email address to follow Radiating the Tumor and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 253 other subscribers

After eight blissful, headache-free days, I went straight for the Advil when I woke up this morning having felt the oh too familiar pressure slowly building deep between my temples.

Earlier in my treatment I stood firm refusing to give in, but that all changed around treatment number 26. The headaches were just too much and I gave in. It turned out 600-800mg of ibuprofen made all the difference. It did this morning too. The headache had largely dissipated somewhere along our ride on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway.

Unfortunately, the relief was short lived. By the time I climbed off the table following the treatment it was back. It was disappointing. I didn’t have time for it either as I had busy day ahead of me. Not only was I due to see Dr. West for blood work and June’s second Somatuline Depot injection, but I needed a productive, distraction-free day in the office.

It felt strange walking out of the studio this morning. I have met some wonderful (and incredibly strong) people along this road and while I certainly will not miss schlepping up to Baltimore at the crack of dawn, there are a few things I vow to maintain. Including forcing myself to slow down to appreciate the moment, one-on-one time with friends and family and the surprising benefits of 22 minutes of quiet, contemplative rest.

Tomorrow is going to be huge. I cannot wait!

Leave a Reply
%d bloggers like this: